An artist based in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East.
I work across many disciplines ranging from Sculpture, Installation, Text, Photography, Collage and occasional Performance.
My practice mainly involves poetic responses surrounding the pun. Wordplay, comic theory, and art history references also inform what I do. Humour is an especially important element.
A succinct simplification of my practice could be as that of a finder/collector then rearranger.
- 2009 Wordplays, Northern Stage, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- 2009 Nuts In March, Harkers Building, Byker.
- 2008 The Forest of Signs, Old Eldon Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- 2000 Old, New, Borrowed and Who (VANE Arts festival), Hangar 51, Ouseburn.
- 2009 Flash Company, Cecil Sharp House, London.
- 2008 Breadline, Harkers Building, Byker.
- 2008 New Blood, Saltburn.
- 2007 Paint It Black, Gallery North, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- 2005 Service Not Included, ADi Art gallery, London.
- 2002 WO1, Biddick Arts Centre, Washington.
- 1999 October, Old Coroners Court, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- 2010 Laughter Lines, 25, Stratford Grove, Heaton, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- 2008 Galata Perform, Galata Performance Space, Instanbul.
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2000 Northern Arts Study and Stay Award.
Send this profile to a friend
>> View All Members