My name is Milena ZeVu and I am a professional artist. I have a special technique of manually inserting thousands of swarovski crystals into acrylic paint or cement base.
After studying applied art at the Belgrade University, I started a career as a freelance artist. Over the last decade I had solo or group exhibitions in London, Athens, Vienna, Monaco, Budapest, Belgrade, Madrid, New York, Tokyo, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore,…
1. In July 2015 I had a solo exhibition at the Naval Heritage Collection Museum in Portomontenegro with collection 'Magnificent Nature'
2. In December 2014 as well as in 2011, I participated at auctions organized by Fight Aids Monaco (F.A.M.) Foundation of H.S.H. Princess Stephanie in Monte Carlo with works from the collection ‘Magnificent Nature’
3. In 2014, I collaborated with burlesque diva Dita von Teese on a project called ‘Dita in her car’ which was an homage to legendary artist Tamara de Lempicka
4. My work ‘Beauty has no borders’ a piece of jewelry and a sculpture was exhibited in Monaco, Singapore, Tokyo and Abu Dhabi, during 2010 under the Patronage of H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco and His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan of the UAE54. Portrait of ‘Marilyn Monroe’ was part of the amfAR collection sold in Dubai in December 2009
5. ‘Armour of Light’, an impressive Bonelli Eagle sculpture, created under the patronage of H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, was sold in October 2009 at the Sotheby’s led auction in Monte Carlo for the highest selling price among 54 similarly themed works.
6. Painting ‘PELE’, portrait of football star Pele, was signed by the legend himself during ‘Streets to Fields’ Charity Gala Event in March 2008 in New York, when Pele received a Lifetime Achievement Award presented to him by David Beckham
7. In December 2007, I participated at the Professional Footballer Association Centenary Gala event in UK, during which my work ‘The Crystal Bail’ was sold for close to 100K £ for the benefit of the Children’s Hospital in Manchester
8. In June 2005, I had a solo exhibition in the Museum of Applied Arts in Budapest (Hungary) with a work Tapittura, a massive painting/rug installation.
9. Winner of Special Jury Award at San Remo Biennale in 2002 and International EMAF Award 2005 for group project Personal Cinema – Balkan Wars, which my video work ‘ONE’ was part of.