Artist Virginia Erdie poses with some of her work at her Hollywood home. Erdie is trying to paint a mural at the back of her home facing an alley to help beautify the area. The city, however, says that because someone can see the mural from the nearby sidewalk, she would need a permit and approval from a design board.
Virginia A. Erdie
Hollywood, Florida 33020
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Chicago, Illinois: MAAT - Masters of Art in Art Therapy
The Maryland Institute
College of Art, Baltimore, Maryland: BFA - Printmaking/Fine Art
Central School of Art
& Design, London, ENGLAND: Exchange Student on Scholarship
Studies and travel in:
BALTIMORE LONDON PARIS AMSTERDAM EDINBURGH CHICAGO MIAMI
* GAB Studio, Wynwood Art District, Miami, FL (2012 - present)
* CityLoftArt, the Miami Design District, Miami, FL (2009 - present)
* SOMArts Cultural Center, "Corrections" International Juried Exhibit, San Francisco, CA (March 5 -
April 16, 2009)
* Ward-Nasse Art Gallery, Salon Show, Soho New York City, NY (2008 - 2009)
* New Port Richey Progress Energy Art Gallery, Group Exhibit, New Port Richey, FL (2008)
* Infusion Gallery, Group Exhibit, Los Angeles, CA (2008)
* Progress Energy Art, Group Exhibit, New Port Richey, FL (2007 - 2008)
* VooDoo Lounge: New Times Tenth Anniversary Party, Fort Lauderdale, FL (December 1, 2007)
* One Tea Lounge, Solo Exhibit, Wilton Manors, FL (October 2007)
* ArtServe, Group Exhibit, “The Red Eye - A Multi-Media Experience”, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - (2007)
* ArtServe, Group Exhibit, “Mix It Up” - mixed media exhibit, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (2007)
* South Regional BCC Library, 2-person exhibit “Generations of Women Moving History Forward”,
Pembroke Pines, FL (2007)
* Artwalk, Group Exhibit, Hollywood, Florida. THE GODDESS STORE (2006)
* Starving Artist Show, Group Exhibit, Gallery 6, Broward Library, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (2006)
* Gallery of the Unknown Artists, Group Exhibit, Hollywood, Florida (2005)
* Patch Reef Park, Two-person exhibit, Boca Raton, Florida (2005)
* The Primitive Art Gallery, Group Exhibit, Hollywood, Florida (January 2004)
* FestivArts, Espanola Way, Miami Beach, Florida (1998)
* World Resources, Group Exhibit, Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, Florida (1998)
* Smiley's, Solo Exhibit, Marathon Keys, Florida (1997)
* The MVSEVM, Chicago, Illinois, Group Exhibit, "The Art of Survival" - non-profit organization for
exhibiting artists (1994)
* The Village Tap, Chicago, Illinois - on-going exhibits for local artists (1994)
* The Charleston, Chicago, Illinois - on-going exhibits for local artists (1992 – 1993)
* The Gallery Cabaret, Chicago, Illinois - on-going exhibits for local artists (1989 – 2005)
* The Maryland Institute, College of Art, Baltimore Maryland - student shows (1982 – 1986)
* Cignel, Baltimore, Maryland - 2-person exhibit at large alternative dance club (1985)
* Central School of Art & Design, LONDON, England - student show (1985)
* Gallery 33, Baltimore, Maryland - 3-person exhibit at Johns Hopkins University (1984)
-Enlightened Romantic Nihilism Dot Com. Featured Artist: August 2011.
-CityLink ArtMurmur. August 7, 2011.
-Miami Herald, Sunday, July 24, 2011.
-Musetouch Visual Arts Magazine: Issue 4, November 28, 2010.
-Palm Beach Post: Wednesday, November 12, 2010
-Sun Sentinel: Tuesday, November 9, 2010
-LondonPost: Friday 12 June, 2009
-Helsinki FM: Thu, 11 Jun 2009
-Miami Art & Culture: On Buying Happiness, August 24, 2008 by Group
-SoulOfMiami.org: Thursday, June 11th, 2009
-A Published Gallery: Inner Circle Publishing. A Global Gallery Printed in Hardback. 2009.
-SantaFeArtWorld Collector's Choice Awards: Newsletter. April 2009.
-ArtCircuits: November 2009 (Newsletter)
-INDIE ARTS: The DVD Magazine - Issue 6
-New Times Broward-Palm Beach:
Mar 1 - 7, 2007;
May 17 - 23, 2007;
Jun 7 - 13, 2007;
Nov 22 - 28, 2007;
-Delray Beach Times: July 20, 2005
AUCTIONS AND CHARITIES:
Bristol Gallery - SixbyEight, Bristol, UK. 2011.
Naples Museum of Art: - INCOGNITO at Friends of Art 2010 - 2011.
Boca Museum of Art, Fundraiser for Pet Rescue, Mizner Park, Boca Raton, Florida. 2010.
Dayton Internationial Peace Museum, Dayton, Ohio. 2009.
Big (Blue) Deal, Art Sale and Fundraiser, SOMArts, San Francisco, California. 2009.
Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure, via Power Financial Credit Union, Pembroke Pines, Florida, 2007.
Grapes for Grades, silent auction, Hollywood, Florida. 2005.
Cure For Aids, Miami, Florida, 1998.
OTHER ARTISTIC ACHIEVEMENTS:
* Acceptance into Revolution Art Expo 2010, Department of Cultural Affairs of the Taipei City Government, Council for Cultural Affairs, hosted in Shanghai China
* Acceptance into the American Juried Art Salon online exhibit (2009).
* Acceptance into the International Festival of Plastic Arts in Mahres, Tunisia (2009).
* Registered Art Therapist with the American Art Therapy Association.
* Miami Children's Hospital - Implemented architectural design and templates for building exteriors using
* Production Designer for Classic Children's Theatre Project "Don Coyote" at the Acorn Civic Theatre on
Miami Beach, Florida.
* Treasurer for the Sierra Art and Fellowship Fund of Miami Beach, a not-for-profit 501(c3) organization
dedicated to the arts.
* Recipient of the Jules Bodarky Scholarship and the E. A. Navaretta Scholarship through the Maryland
Institute, College of Art (1984-1985).
* Exchange student at Central School of Art A Design, London, England (1984 – 1985).
* Original medical drawings for Emergency Department physician billing templates.