Quantcast
Art News
 Wallisly Kandinsky,Lucas Rarities,Art Antiques London
Wallisly Kandinsky: Rare Jewellery Designed By The Artist To Be Sold - ArtLyst Article image

Wallisly Kandinsky: Rare Jewellery Designed By The Artist To Be Sold

03-06-2014
 
Bookmark and Share

A collection of jewellery designed by influential Russian painter and art theorist, Wallisly Kandinsky (1866 –1944) will be offered for sale by the Mayfair, London jewellery dealer Lucas Rarities, at this year’s Art Antiques London. Art Antiques London takes place in a purpose-built pavilion in Kensington Gardens opposite the Royal Albert Hall and close to the site of the Great Exhibition of 1851. This superb site lends itself perfectly to an art fair of this calibre. This very special event will bring together approximately 70 of the world’s leading art dealers.

The jewellery was manufactured in the 1960's under licence from Nina Kandinsky based on her husband's jewellery designs from the early 20th century. This will be the first time since their creation that the 14 pieces will be offered for sale. The jewellery was manufactured in Munich, in 1969 by Cornelia Roethel and Max Pollinger, from the original designs which are held by the Lenbachhaus museum, Munich.

These pieces were part of a very limited edition and represent the highest level of the goldsmith’s art. Sam Loxton of Lucas Rarities says, “Acquiring this important collection is a great achievement for Lucas Rarities as these are most definitely pieces of art and jewellery design history. I’m sure they will generate much interest at Art Antiques London and we look forward to showcasing them there.”

Lucas Rarities specialise in rare and exceptional pieces of period jewellery and objet d’art, with a particular focus on signed pieces from the Art Deco era to the 1970s. Their collections includes a range of jewellery that fully captures the stylistic shift during the first half of the twentieth century, which saw the evolution of jewellery design into an art form.

Top photo: The Brooch was manufactured in Munich in 1969 by Cornelia Roethel and Max Pollinger, from the original designs which are held by the Lenbachhaus museum, Munich and under licence from Nina Kandinsky .


Subscribe to our weekly newsletter

* indicates required

Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Advertise with Artlyst
Artlyst Quiz

TWITTER FEED

ICA
Canvas Bar
Camden Arts Centre
Art Below
Guardian Select
Button Advertise
Top 10 Exhibitions
Top 10 Emerging Exhibitions