15 October 2010
Artlyst.com is an art information website and online publication. We also feature social networking via facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The services offered by artlyst.com include the artlyst.com website and the artlyst iPhone app. The ArtLyst Services are created and hosted in the U.K.
ArtLyst.com may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by ArtLyst.com on the ArtLyst Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the ArtLyst Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on ArtLyst.com or out social media pages and that you provide to other Users. Your ArtLyst.com profile may not include the following items: photographs, tasteless paintings, videos or other mediums containing unacceptable nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. In the real world some is art and some is not! We will always remove such material so do not bother to post it!!!! Despite this prohibition, information provided by other ArtLyst.com Members that may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and ArtLyst.com assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the ArtLyst Services by any person, please contact ArtLyst or click on the info@artlyst button and Report Inappropriate Content. We pledge to remove it as soon as it is brought to our attention.
ArtLyst.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the ArtLyst Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the ArtLyst Services is void where prohibited. By using the ArtLyst Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the ArtLyst Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.
- Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the ArtLyst Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member’s Account Settings page. ArtLyst.com may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
- Fees. In the future ArtLyst.com reserves the right to charge a fee for agreed enhanced services and to change these fees from time to time in its discretion after notification to our users.
- Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify ArtLyst.com immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
- Non-commercial Use by Members. The ArtLyst Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by ArtLyst.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the ArtLyst Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the ArtLyst Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the ArtLyst Services.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on ArtLyst.com.
1. ArtLyst.com does not claim any ownership rights in the Art images text, files, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post to the ArtLyst Services. After posting your Content to the ArtLyst Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through the ArtLyst Services, you hereby grant to ArtLyst.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the ArtLyst Services.
Without this license, ArtLyst.com would be unable to provide the ArtLyst Services. For example, without the right to modify Member Content, ArtLyst.com would not be able to digitally compress music files that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy technical requirements, and without the right to publicly perform Member Content, ArtLyst.com could not allow Users to listen to music posted by Members. The license you grant to ArtLyst.com is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to ArtLyst.com), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that ArtLyst.com is not required to pay you for the use on the ArtLyst Services of the Content that you post), sub-licensable (so that ArtLyst.com is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the ArtLyst Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the ArtLyst Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from the ArtLyst Services. The license does not grant ArtLyst.com the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant ArtLyst.com the right to distribute your Content outside of the ArtLyst Services.
2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the ArtLyst Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the ArtLyst Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the ArtLyst Services.
3. The ArtLyst Services contain Content of ArtLyst.com (“ArtLyst.com Content”). ArtLyst.com Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and ArtLyst.com owns and retains all rights in the ArtLyst.com Content and the ArtLyst Services. ArtLyst.com hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non sub-licensable license to reproduce and display the ArtLyst.com Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the ArtLyst Website and using the ArtLyst Services.
4. The ArtLyst Services contain Content of Users and other ArtLyst.com licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the ArtLyst Services.
• Content Posted.
1. ArtLyst.com may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of ArtLyst.com violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. ArtLyst assumes no responsibility for monitoring the ArtLyst Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time ArtLyst e.com chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the ArtLyst Services, ArtLyst.com nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
2. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the ArtLyst Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. ArtLyst.com does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by ArtLyst.com prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of ArtLyst.com. ArtLyst.com makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
• Content/Activity Prohibited.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the ArtLyst Services. ArtLyst.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in ArtLyst.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the ArtLyst Services and terminating the Membership of such violators.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of ArtLyst.com:
1. Is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
2. Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
3. Exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
4. Contains inappropriate nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
5. Solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
7. Promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
8. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
9. Involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
10. Contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
11. Furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
12. Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
13. Involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
14. Includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent
15. For band and filmmaker profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the ArtLyst Website and through your use of the ArtLyst Services. ArtLyst.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in ArtLyst.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
1. Criminal or tortuous activity, pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
2. Advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the ArtLyst Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the ArtLyst Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, ArtLyst com reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which ArtLyst.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the ArtLyst Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to ArtLyst com, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay ArtLyst.com £50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the ArtLyst Services;
3. Covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any ArtLyst.com page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
4. Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
5. Interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the ArtLyst Services or the networks or services connected to the ArtLyst Services;
6. Attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
7. Profiles, copying the code for your ArtLyst Player and embedding it into other profiles or asking other Members to embed it into their profiles;
8. Using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
9. Selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
10. Using any information obtained from the ArtLyst Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
11. Displaying a non art related advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the ArtLyst Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your “Top 8” friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose outside of art commerce.
12. Using the ArtLyst Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of ArtLyst e.com to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification to ArtLyst.com by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the ArtLyst Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the ArtLyst Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other ArtLyst.com Members. ArtLyst.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
• 12. Disclaimers. ArtLyst com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the ArtLyst Website or in connection with the ArtLyst Services, whether caused by Users of the ArtLyst Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the ArtLyst Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on the ArtLyst Website may contain links to other websites. ArtLyst.com is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by ArtLyst.com. Inclusion of any linked website on the ArtLyst Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by ArtLyst.com. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. ArtLyst.com takes no responsibility for third party advertisements, which are posted on this ArtLyst Website or through the ArtLyst Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. ArtLyst.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the ArtLyst Services. ArtLyst.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. ArtLyst.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the ArtLyst Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the ArtLyst Services. Under no circumstances shall ArLyst.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the ArtLyst Services, attendance at a ArtLyst.com event, from any Content posted on or through the ArtLyst Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the ArtLyst Services, whether online or offline. The ArtLyst Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and ArtLyst.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. ArtLyst com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the ArtLyst Services.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL ARTLYST BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ARTLYST.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ARTLYST.COM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO ARTLYST.COM FOR THE ARTLYST SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
You agree to indemnify and hold ArtLyst.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the ArtLyst Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the ArtLyst Website or through the ArtLyst Services causes ArtLyst.com to be liable to another. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the ArtLyst Website or any of the ArtLyst Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and ArtLyst.com regarding the use of the ArtLyst Services. The failure of M ArtLyst.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. ArtLyst.com is a trademark of ArtLyst, Inc. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.