This festival is highly recommended by Artlyst and is the most important annual visual art related event in Scotland.The Edinburgh Art Festival is Scotland’s largest annual festival of visual art and has something for everyone. Established in 2004, the Festival works in partnership with the city’s artists, galleries, museums and visual art spaces to present the best, exciting and most intriguing in modern and contemporary visual art. This year will see the 6th Edinburgh Art Festival take place between 5 August and 5 September.
2009 Exhibitions Programme Unveiled
Ranging from major exhibitions by leading British and international artists to work by a new generation of talent, the 2009 EAF programme sees 50 participating galleries, both permanent and temporary, including 11 spaces new to the Festival.
- First UK showing of work by major international artists
- Newly commissioned work by leading British artists
- Old masters and young Turks
- Sculpture in galleries and public spaces
- New spaces including Granton Lighthouse, Jupiter Artland and New Media Scotland’s Inspace
- Temporary exhibitions including The Caravan Gallery’s EAF debut
- The Festival opens on 5 August 2009 with the EAF launch followed by private views across the capital, including talks by Peter Blake, Briony Fer, John McCracken and Bob and Roberta Smith, and Collective’s launch party of The How Not to Cookbook – lessons learned the hard way, in Princes Street Gardens
- ART LATE returns on 27 August 2009
- The 2009 program is guaranteed to be better then all of our high expectations.
|Duration||14 August 2009 - 06 September 2009|
|Cost||Many events are free but see website|
|Address||various addresses Edinburgh EH1 1NT, ,|
|Contact||00 44 (0) 7825 336 782 / email@example.com / /www.edinburghartfestival.com|