A one week workshop with artists VestAndPage (Verena Stenke & Andrea Pagnes), culminating in a public performance.
Workshop fees include meals & optionary accomodation at ]performance s p a c e [. Please note accomodation is basic, comprising of camp beds and hand wash basin or neighbouring warehouse for shower facilities.
AUTHENTICITY • PERCEPTION • INTUITION • INNER LIBRARY • THREE BODIES: BODY BODY – BODY MIND – BODY SPIRIT • MEMORY ACTIVATION • LIMINALITY FRAGILE LIMITS • TRANSFORMATION • READINESS • ENDURANCE • ENCOUNTERS • COLLECTIVITY • INNER SENSORS • ARCHETYPES • OBJECT • SPACE • PARTNERS
The intensive FRAGILE LIMITS and MAYDAY workshops follow VestAndPage’s unique method through the process of making a performative piece. During the practical exercises, under various conditions, the participants are provided with means to conceive, develop and realize a performance, mainly using their own body as a tool:
-To work towards touching point zero in judgment and intention, heightening perception, introspection, to then rebuild an authenticity-based expression, for finally transforming visions and ideas into a concrete artistic action.
– To take distance from being virtuous by establishing, evaluating, and energizing the personal action in se.
– To free oneself from common behavorial patterns so as to create new ways of encountering, collaborating and living.
– To overcome the fragile constituent limits, may they be based on physicality, fears or social patterns.
– To touch and strengthen the most human inner sensors in order to activate personal and universal memories, for using as germinal matter for future artistic substance.
– To enter a state of heightened awareness and perception, in order to conceive out-of-the-ordinary artistic visions, being in first instance process-led instead of conceptual.
Actions and exercises are innovative but inspired by Dynamic Breathing, Social Theater, Living Theater, Grotowski, Barba, Stanislavsky, Leclerc, Sufism, Macro- and Microspherology, Authenticity, Inner Library, Liminality, Breath, Archetypes, Rituality, Memory activation, Body-Space-Object, Time-Duration-Rhythm, Voice/Sound, Emotional Atmosphere, Inter-activity.
Verena Stenke & Andrea Pagnes are experienced workshop facilitators for students, art professionals of different backgrounds and non-art participants, either normally endowed or differently abled, of any age.
Their have been invited to hold practical workshops, research lectures and teachings in institutions worldwide such asCentre for Community Cultural Development (Hong Kong), Universidad Nacional de las Arte Experimental (Caracas),Taipei Artist Village (Taipei), Theater Academy IsoleComprese (Florence), Academy of Fine Arts (Venice), Universidad Austral (Valdivia, Chile), Alumnos47 Foundation (Mexico City), Deutsches Institut (Florence), Grace Exhibition Space(New York), TeaK Theater Academy (Helsinki), Seoul Art Space (Seoul), EMBA Escuela Carlos Morel (Buenos Aires), The Substation (Singapore), BITEF Theater (Belgrade), NYU Steinhardt School of Culture (Venice/New York).
|Duration||26 August 2013 - 31 August 2013|
|Times||from 9am 26/08/13 to 11pm 31/08/13|
|Venue||]performance s p a c e [|
|Address||6 Hamlet Industrial Estate, White Post Lane London E9 5EN, ,|
|Contact||/ firstname.lastname@example.org / vestandpage-estw.eventbrite.com/|