Join Urban Sketchers to sketch unfamiliar vistas of the Thames, the O2, Canary Wharf and other riverside landmarks from one of the last bastions of Docklands history,Trinity Buoy Wharf.
The famous company responsible for buoys, lighthouses and lightships established Trinity Buoy Wharf as its Thames-side workshop in 1803. The river Lea wall was rebuilt in brick in 1822, making it the oldest surviving structure on site, followed by the Electrician’s Building (1836), designed by the Chief Engineer of Trinity House, James Walker. In 1862 he was succeeded by James Douglass who designed the lighthouse that still stands today as London’s only remaining Lighthouse.
|Duration||16 November 2014 - 16 November 2014|
|Times||12 - 4 pm|
|Venue||The Electrician's Shop Gallery|
|Address||Trinity Buoy Wharf London E14 0JY, ,|
|Contact||020 7515 7153 / firstname.lastname@example.org / thebigdraw.org/ruskinprize|